Our client is looking for a senior auditor who has been responsible for financial and operational audits including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation, testing, and remediation, as assigned. This position will promote internal control awareness, understanding, and compliance, as well as perform research, analysis and assist with projects as needed.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for:
- Participating in audit risk assessment and audit plan development activities.
- Supporting and perform a company’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 activities in assigned areas with direct responsibility for process walkthroughs, testing, and communication of results of the company’s assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Organizing and presenting meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of an audit to company management.
- Advising business partners regarding risks, internal controls, and process improvement opportunities during projects.
- Providing support for external auditor reliance on internal audit work for SOX compliance, as well as quarterly and year end audits.
- Conducting operational audits, identify process improvements and facilitate remediation of issues as assigned in the Internal Audit plan.
- Supporting special projects such as due diligence reviews, fraud investigations, etc.
Must Have Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of Public company experience. Big 4 preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Obtained or in process of obtaining CPA or CIA
- Experience in mining industry desired
- Target Salary: $85 – 95,000 annual with 10 – 15% Bonus
Travel: 5 to 10%