Work from home 4 days a week!
The Senior SEC Reporting Accountant will prepare and review SEC filings and annual report to shareholders.
- Execute quarterly and annual filing plans
- Analyzes contracts to determine accounting conclusions for revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP
- Executes the quarterly and annual accounting and reporting process for operating leases.
- Assists in ensuring financial policies and procedures as related to external financial reporting are appropriate and modified as necessary, in response to legislation and changes in the Company’s operations and business conditions as validated by external auditing.
- Assists in reviewing the financial policies and procedures as related to external financial reporting on an ongoing basis and to modify them, as necessary, in response to legislation and changes in the Company’s operations and business conditions.
- Assists in monitoring and enforcing compliance with the financial policies and procedures as re-lated to external reporting requirements.
- Utilizes working knowledge of GAAP and applies such accounting principles in a conservative manner.
- Provides management with analysis of accounting treatment and financial reporting impact of pro-posed, projected, or possible transactions and operational decisions.
- Ensures completion of projects and tasks, as necessary.
- Ensures the application of conservative accounting policies and procedures, as well as best prac-tices in support of tight financial controls, strongly enforced.
- Proactively identifies and interprets probable changes in regulatory or other requirements that al-lows Valaris to be prepared to address such changes.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA required
- Big 4 experience or 4 years of experience working in a financial reporting role for a publicly traded company
- Experience with WDesk preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, external filing, purchasing and management systems.
- Advanced Excel skills (financial and logical functions, macros)