SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
My client is a well respected and growing financial institution in San Antonio, Texas. Because of their growth over the last 5+ years, CFS has placed over 15 individuals with this organization. They are a leader in their industry and a favorite client of ours and we are excited to share more about them with you!
- Non-profit organization with over 50 locations across the state of Texas
- They have over $10B of assets under management
- Nationally recognized as a leader in their field – have been ranked as one of the “Best Places to Work”
- Excellent, highly tenured leadership team
- Flexible working hours, work-life balance, remote & hybrid work options
- Rich benefits package to include a 401k match up to 10%
- Competitive comp & bonus package
- The opportunity to grow with the organization (senior leadership is most often promoted from within)
- Build and develop a department & team of your own as the company grows
- Be an SME for all Data Analytics projects for the credit union
- Continued education assistance, (CPE, Leadership training)
- Employee reviews on Glassdoor include statements like: “Excellent benefits”, “company cares about you…”, “lots of training opportunities” and the CEO has over a 90% approval rating
OVERVIEW OF THE SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST:
My client has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Analyst reporting to the VP, Treasurer. The company has several important initiatives that have caused for the creation of this role. The major initiative and function of this role is to build and implement models that quantify the institution’s exposure to credit, liquidity, and market risk. These models and resulting quantifications support strategic decisions by executive management and the board of directors and drive compliance with regulatory directives (Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test – DFAST) as well as new accounting standards (Current Expected Credit Loss – CECL).
WHAT WILL THE SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST DO?
- Develops and maintains expertise in the fields of risk quantification and modeling to support both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborates with business units to understand product characteristics used for modeling while assisting in communication and education of current and expected risk exposures
- Develops and maintains model documentation to perform stress tests in accordance with DFAST
- Assists in the development and execution of credit loss models used for CECL
- Measures risk to earnings and capital inherent in the organization’s current positions as well as forecasts and business plans
- Assists in the assessment of funding outflows and deposit volatility for the liquidity coverage ratio
- Makes recommendations to management on risk mitigation strategies and capital allocation
- Perform other quantitative analysis for Finance, LOB, and Senior Management and the Board of Directors, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice)
WHAT WE NEED IN A SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST:
- 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role or equal experience in similar areas in the Banking/Financial Services Industry.
- Masters or PhD in mathematics, statistics, economics, or finance
- Strong analytical, mathematics, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong ability to articulate complex theories, concepts, methodologies and findings in a non-technical manner to a non-technical audience.
- Self-starter with ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and think outside the box.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a desire to pursue best practices in a challenging team environment.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of statistical modeling and other quantitative techniques including but not limited to:
linear & non-linear regression, optimization, simulation, time-series analysis, probability theory, survival analysis, and value-at-risk. Knowledgeable of modeling systems and/or computer programming languages used for modeling (e.g. python & R).
130 to 160K DOE