Corporate Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately held general contractor headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Corporate Accountant Opportunity:
- Company has been in business for over 5years
- This position is being added due to growth.
- The Corporate Accounting team will be 6 strong with over 60 in Accounting & Finance.
- Over 3000 employees and over 60 active projects with several of them over 100M dollars
- Average reviews on Glassdoor around 4 stars! Great culture is the theme throughout.
- The managers are eager to train and mentor their new team member.
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Corporate Accountant role:
- Perform month-end and year-end closing tasks
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, financial variance analysis and account reconciliations
- Analyze and reconcile intercompany activities and reconcile intercompany account balances
- Extract financial data and calculate income tax provision for each operating group and for the consolidated group
- Provide support to project accounting teams during the interim and year-end audit
- Prepare financial statements for multiple entities and support the related audit
- Research accounting guidance for GAAP and IFRS
- Assist with annual prequalification processes with our clients
- Actively identifying areas for process improvements and implementing IT projects to increase the organization efficiencies.
Preferred Qualifications for the Corporate Accountant:
- Minimum 2 years of public accounting experience, Big 4 Audit or Large Regional Firm preferred (must have had publicly traded clients)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and evaluate financial statements, system, reports, internal controls, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of federal and state income tax accounting a strong plus.
- Good accounting research skills