CFS is assisting a client with their search for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join their team. The role is open due to a recent promotion. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will be joining a team of strong, tenured Accounting and Finance professionals with an interest in growing their team from within. This role reports directly to the Controller and working on things including but not limited to external financial reporting, month-end close, internal reporting, and audits.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and process month-end close, related journal entries and reconciliations including accruals, departmental allocations, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
- Prepare return rate analysis schedules and debt compliance calculations.
- Review sales tax accounts and provide communication with sale tax service provider as needed.
- Perform financial statements analytics and provide relevant explanations for fluctuations.
- Assist with preparing 10-Q/Ks
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits
- Assisting with updating and maintaining accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with researching accounting issues and preparing technical memorandums
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company environment; CPA a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP; familiarity with SEC rules and regulations
- Workiva experience a plus