La Crosse, WI is famous for being set on the
Mississippi River with a variety of things to see & do for the whole family. Home
to University of Wisconsin – Lacrosse, Western Technical College, and Viterbo
University. Also, it is a local technology and medical hub!
Compensation: Base Compensation to $275K Base + Bonus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the Company’s system of accounts, keep books and records on all Company transactions and assets for all locations.
- Oversee all accounts receivable, accounts payable, and treasury functions for the Company.
- Final responsibility for ensuring all accounting transactions, processes, and external reports adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and other relevant protocol (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Manage the period end close process to ensure timely and accurate interim and final financial reports.
- Prepare monthly reporting, quarterly reporting with MD&A, and the annual financial statements including required notes and schedules.
- Manage the year-end audit process, coordinate all activities with the Company’s external auditors.
- Responsible for development and filing of all externally required financial reports and notices.
- Final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization to safeguard against fraud, theft and mitigate other financial risks.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting. MBA preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10-15 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private sectors.
- Experience in debt compliance tracking and reporting.
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills required, SEC reporting preferred.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems and implementation is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Relocation Package Details: There is relocation assistance provided. Temporary living plus moving expenses.