The Accounting Manager will focus on the timely preparation and review of the monthly financial statements. This role will be responsible for training and developing staff to ensure continuous development & improvement. Other responsibilities will include assisting in the annual financial statement audit, technical accounting research and various public company readiness initiatives such as drafting disclosures, documenting policies and procedures, and designing controls.
As our Accounting Manager you will:
- Ensure that all financial information is recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and applicable regulations and consistent with established company policy and procedures
- Manage month end close process, ensuring timeliness of task completion
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month end close process
- Train and develop staff
- Design accounting processes for new processes and transactions
- Lead the documentation of various existing processes, including the recommendation of process improvements and enhanced controls to migrate towards a SOX environment
- Support the external auditor’s annual audit process
- Develop collaborative relationships across teams and functions across all business lines
- Design, implement and maintain internal controls within the financial reporting and accounting policy functions.
- Licensed CPA
- 5 + years of relevant experience, including 3 years of public accounting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Sarbanes Oxley, experience in preparing risk assessments and performing control related testing and procedures
- People management experience
- Prior experience within the financial services industry (lending or financing, mortgage origination or servicing, insurance, or alternative financial services)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program; plus 6 paid holidays and 1 paid floating holiday.
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
Salary: 110 to 120K