Staff or Senior Auditor
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for project supervision of audit staff, and primary reviewer of work product generated in audits. Oversees the evaluation of financial and operational risks, and develops audit test plans and procedures to address those risks for Lennar Corporation, subsidiaries and investments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews financial and operational audits according to the Internal Audit plan.
- Mentors and coaches staff auditors on proper audit technique, accounting knowledge and career progression.
- Analyzes operational and management processes, and system control effectiveness and efficiency; verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Prepares and presents to management the results, recommendations, and conclusions of internal audit reviews.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Communicates with auditee and clearly transcribes information obtained into standard workpaper format.
- Prepares narratives, analyses, process flows, tests of transactions and other supporting documentation to support findings.
- Organizes documentation in the work papers to facilitate review.
- Performs the audit tests as defined in the work programs.
- All other duties and special projects assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 6 months of audit experience required – Internships Count!
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or eligible to sit
- Certified Internal Auditor, or other professional certifications (CMA, CFE, CISA, etc.) is a plus.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP, and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, GAAS.
45 to 85 plus bonus DOE