Controller- Houston or Austin Texas
Our client, a rapidly growing company that is taking the world by storm. The first of its kind, now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company!
This is a critical financial leadership role within the organization and will be responsible for getting the company ready for a potential IPO in 2022. The Controller will oversee month end close as well as manage financial reporting, long term and short term strategic plans, revenue recognition/analysis, KPI analysis, and preparing presentations for the board. Great opportunity for someone looking to own and improve upon financial processes and make a difference/be a part of a fast growing company.
Why work for the company:
- Dynamic/all-encompassing role- ability to expand skills and work closely with the business
- Company is growing at a MASSIVE rate & changing the landscape for ecommerce & digital merchants
- Company offers a very innovative service to their customers- The FIRST of their kind
- Extremely strong financial backing
- Great group of people that are innovative and think OUTSIDE the box… or better yet, think like there is NO BOX!
- A company that believes if they aren’t having fun, they aren’t doing it right!
What will the Controller do?
- Be instrumental in the implementation of NetSuite
- Lead the efforts into the potential IPO/get the company IPO-ready!
- Build out a strong accounting team
- Oversee month end close process, and day to day accounting functions, including revenue recognition, billing, cost accounting,AP, AR, capital expenditures, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting, company policy and procedures
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Serve as Finance’s strategic partner and assist functional leaders with analysis on spend, strategic planning activities, and enhancing operational efficiency
- Improve gross margin & net margin rations by ensuring direct & overhead costs are minimized through efficiency, organization and financial mgmt.
- Oversee external audit coordination on financials and benefit plan audits
- Develop, standardize and automate FP&A reports, metrics, and dashboards for monthly/quarterly management reporting
- Assist in preparation of presentation packages for executive leaderships and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and review advanced financial analyses financial modeling
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve productivity and utilization of ERP, drive efficiencies within the business to help achieve cost goals, and improve working capital performance
- Assist with other special projects as requested by the senior leaders
What we need in a Controller:
The ideal Controller would have a minimum of 10 years of accounting experience with a mix of Big4 Audit & Industry (Ecommerce, SaaS, or high tech) with a CPA & experience implementing NetSuite! The Controller will need to have maintained the books as if it were a public/SEC compliant company OR have experience helping a company become IPO ready! The ideal Controller will also be high energy, personable, adaptive & creative *entrepreneurial spirit*, and have a passion for the mission of the company. For this profile, my client will be willing to move mountains.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible accounting experience
- 2 of the 10 years should be as a Controller
- Bachelors degree
- CPA highly preferred
- BIG 4 Accounting experience highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the working of the financial statements with ability to analyze and improve upon inadequacies
- Thorough knowledge & experience with gaap
- Experience implementing software- Netsuite HIGHLY preferred
- Experience in high-growth tech company, ecommerce or SaaS (HIGHLY preferred)
- PE or VC backed company experience a plus!