About the Senior Accountant Position
- BONUS AWARDS
- This is VERY broad role, where you will get your hands on a lot of things.
- 401(k) Plan – Matched 100% up to 8%
- Hybrid Work Schedule (minimum of 3 days in the office)
- Company subsidized PPO, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- Reimbursement of all necessary and approved CPA and CPE expenses
- Free Covered Parking
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Accounting and reporting for Corporate and Business Unit
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing duties:
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare and upload journal entries
- General Ledger account reconciliations (AR, AP, intercompany accounts, suspense, etc.)
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and corresponding depreciation/amortization
- Review detailed GL and Trial Balance
- Prepare quarterly reports for BOD meetings
- Assist in preparation of audited financials including schedules and footnotes and respond to auditor requests for external audit.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting schedules for annual budget.
- Assist in accounting for separate business units.
- Work with division accountant for one of the business units to create monthly summary entries and reconciliations in the general ledger.
- Accounts payable backup for vacation.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- BBA – Accounting,
- 2.5 to 4 years of accounting / audit experience.
- Public Accounting experience preferred!
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task
#senioraccountant #jobopportunities #houston #remotejobs