Tax Consultant Opportunity
Are you frustrated with having to wait on promotions and getting direct exposure to clients / senior managers who can share their knowledge and shape your career trajectory? Are you ready to make a move to a more family-oriented firm?
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately held & debt-free tax consulting company with offices located in Katy, Dallas, and Tulsa! They are hiring one Tax Consultant in each market.
About the Company and Tax Consultant Opportunity:
- A family-owned organization that has been growing 20% year over year
- Family-oriented and supportive environment.
- The company is debt-free and on continuing on a growth path.
- The company is adding 3 new Consultants to the team due to growth.
- The company is considered a thought leader in their niche.
- 4.0 stars on Glassdoor!
- This position is based in Katy, Dallas or Tulsa and requires office time, some work-from-home, and some travel to client locations
Perks of the Tax Consultant role?
- Get promoted based on merit…..not years of experience! Defined career path.
- Interact with VP Tax, CFO’s and CAO during projects.
- True mentors on the team who want to share their knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 5% match on 401K.
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Tax Consultant role:
- Perform detailed reviews of transaction data and supporting documentation to determine proper sales/use taxes due in order to quantify refund claims and/or reductions to audit assessments
- Manipulate and analyze client data from various accounting and reporting systems
- Research tax issues in multiple states and help develop tax planning strategies
- Address complexities and tax technical issues that arise from client operations
- Proactively monitor transaction tax legislative proposals and law changes to ensure clients are aware of potential opportunities/costs
- Continuously develop tax expertise, analytical capabilities, and soft skills
- Contribute significantly to the development of a dynamic and growing consulting practice
Preferred Qualifications for the Tax Consultant:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Technology, or Business with two or more years of experience in indirect tax, with consulting experience preferred. Experience in the energy industry is a plus, but not required
- CPA or CMI preferred
- A fundamental understanding of state and local tax laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and strong self-motivation; must be able to work effectively with minimal direct daily supervision
#taxjobs #jobopportunities #accountingjobs #katyjobs #tulsajobs #dallasjobs