Our client is one of the premier oil & gas producing companies in the US. They have over 500 field locations and are located in over 13 states. Houston is their headquarters. The average tenure of this company is over 10 years! We are looking for someone with a great attitude! Someone who loves to be a team player is eager to learn and will do what it takes to get the job done!!!!!
Why work here?
- Flexible working schedules
- Good Work/Life balance
- Low Turnover
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!
- Oil and gas severance tax – prepare, file, and pay production taxes as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Oil and gas state royalties – prepare, file, and pay state royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Upload all royalty and severance tax payments into Excalibur
- Monitor regulation changes with State reporting of royalties
- Monitor regulation changes with severance tax reporting
- Work with Land Department on issues concerning State royalty percentages
- Upload all applicable journal vouchers into Excalibur
- Work with Production Department to resolve applicable volume discrepancies
- Accruals – research outside operated sales on wells for a series of properties to provide an oil, gas, and NGL accrual on a monthly basis
- Gas Balancing revenue and statement preparation
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance) with 5-6 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience, or high school diploma or GED with 9-10 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Excalibur or similar oil and gas accounting software, preferably 5+ years of hands-on use.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of production severance tax reporting required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with State royalty reporting
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in oil and gas revenue accounting practices with attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Working knowledge of the various departmental activities in an upstream E&P company and their interface/integration with the Accounting department
- Excellent working skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills, with PowerPoint skills being a plus.