PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Real Estate (Development) Manager core responsibility is to increase the location count in the state of Texas. The position is responsible for leading efforts regarding site selection, acquisition of land, buildings, rehabilitation and/or construction.
- Creates and implements redevelopment strategic plan for the region taking into account macro and microeconomic variables.
- Performs market research, both formal and informal, to define real estate development plans; coordinating with teams to update and maintain the overall market development plans.
- Identify, review and validate new development opportunities using a broad spectrum of data.
- Oversee and deliver annual net new location targets;
- Primary contact for developing new locations
- Build strong working relationships
- Provide all essential materials to BOD as needed.
- Perform all tasks necessary to obtain all project approvals. This includes submission of land use, and permit application, attendance at hearings, neighborhood meetings, funding meetings
- Represent the organization in negotiations for the purchase of property, terms of financing, and all other binding agreements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated strong collaborative and relationship-building abilities with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks, and lawyers with minimal supervision.
- Communicates effectively
- Provides personalized service, builds rapport, is approachable, and fosters solid relationships.
- Approaches problems and challenges objectively to identify issues;
- Self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic, proactive, innovative, and flexible.
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential materials and information
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years real estate / retail development or franchise development experience required
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures required
- College degree preferred