Must Have Highlights:
- 2-4 years of FP&A Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel
The FP&A analyst will use a hands-on approach and be responsible for performing tasks communicated by senior management and ensuring the completion of analyses, budgets, forecasts, reports, and data analysis. The analyst will maintain budget calendars and review project task trackers and be responsible for business analysis activities across multiple entities in Cotton’s budgeting, forecasting and business planning. This role will improve, develop, and establish metrics which supports the organizations objectives. Work includes gathering data from operators, transforming conceptual ideas into innovative solutions, coordinating the deployment of projects with the VP of Finance, Taking ownership of PE reporting, and ad hoc projects provided by senior management.
Financial Planning Analyst Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
Perks of the Financial Planning Analyst role?
- Visible & Direct point of contact with VP of Finance
- Unlimited PTO!
- Career Succession plan to Director of FPA
- Health Benefits
- 401k Benefits
Overview of the Financial Planning Analyst role:
- Support/Lead the development and maintenance of reporting models, budgeting and forecasting tools
- Support strategic reporting and compliance objectives and processes to key stakeholders
- Assist with preparation of consolidated financial statements, assist with combined and consolidated internal reports
- Prepare and oversee corporate ad-hoc reports,
- Support/Lead budgeting and forecast process, deliver tasks communicated by senior management
- Perform financial analysis and complete analytical reviews of the financial statements and business drivers on a monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date basis versus plan, forecast, prior year, etc
- Maintain budgeting and forecasting calendar with the timely creation of sub schedules for budgets and forecasts and their corresponding reports
- Conduct variance analysis and provide commentary outlining key performance drivers.
- Manage the creation of pro forma models for new business opportunities (e.g. M&A, A&D, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications for the Financial Planning Analyst:
- Host/Planful Software Experience
- 3+ Years of job related experience
- ADVANCED in Microsoft Excel