Why take a Plant Controller role with this company?
- Business Partner to the GM and corporate team
- Ability to advance in a growing company.
- The company is undergoing major growth! Integration of a recent merger.
What the Plant Controller will do…
- Preparation and analysis of financial information to record GL, cost and tax transactions, prepare financial reports
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements
- Strategic recommendations and forecasts to management based on analysis.
- Cost accounting and analysis (standards, variances, reporting).
- Support internal and external financial and process audits.
- Identifies control weaknesses, enhance controls and mitigate risk
- Book Journal entries to general ledger; monthly and annual reconciliations and performs close activities.
- Statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, cost analysis
- Coaches and mentors team (6 direct reports)
What the company needs in a Plant Controller :
- Cost Accounting
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley rules, regulations and practices.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Positive attitude and works well with a team.
- Good knowledge of reporting tools and database queries.
- Prior experience working with Oracle financial system software.