Not your typical Assistant Controller! This role is 25% Accounting & 75% Finance & Strategy!
Why work for this company?
- Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston.
- The company is well known for promoting within, so if you are looking to be a Controller within the next two years, this role may be just right for you!
- The Assistant Controller role will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and ad-hoc analyses.
- A competitive compensation package is provided to all employees
- Assist the Controller in preparing the annual Departmental Operating Budgets, Housing Budget, Capital Asset Budget, and Cash Flow Budget
- Assist the Controller in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of budget vs. actual operating results
- Assist the Controller in meeting all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements of internal and external users
- Assist the Controller in directing and overseeing the preparation of Personal Property, Sales and Use, and other Tax returns.
- Assist the Controller in designing, implementing, and supporting procedures that will assure compliance with corporate policies
- Work with and provide financial information to internal and external auditors and responds to the audit reports, as required
- Approve expenditures and invoices within established company guidelines
- Works with department managers to ensure consistent application of general ledger accounting and cost coding
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or parts passed
- Minimum of 3 years Strong knowledge of GAAP Strong knowledge of cash flows, financial reports, and annual reports
- Supervisory experience is preferred ( leading or mentoring)