AP Specialist will touch all aspects of Accounts Payable. Ability to conduct semiweekly check disbursements, reconciling major supplier statements, and process expense reports. This person is proactive and task oriented with a positive attitude and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
AP Specialist Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the AP Specialist Opportunity:
- They have been in business for over 95 years!
- Large company yet family-like culture feel
- Provide support for a $100M business within a large organization
Perks of the AP Specialist role?
- Visible & Direct point of contact with Accounting Manager and CFO
- Career development opportunities
- AMAZING Health Benefits/Wellness program
- 401k Benefits
Overview of the AP Specialist role:
- Process vouchers for accounts payable invoices in a timely manner for assigned suppliers
- Review store payables batches for accuracy, completeness, and tax accruals
- Field incoming calls from suppliers and stores
- Reconcile statements and work with supplier and store personnel to resolve discrepancies
- Prepare checks for semiweekly disbursement of funds, and upload Positive-Pay files to the bank
- Review store petty cash receipts and reconciliations, and process reimbursements
- Prepare daily cash reporting summaries for AP, AR and billing activity
- Review and process Concur expense reporting
- Provide support and assistance for audits and special projects
- Occasional support in other areas of the accounting department when necessary
Preferred Qualifications for the AP Specialist :
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
- 5+ Years of job related experience
- MUST be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- SAP Concur is a huge plus!