Our client is a Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston. The Assistant Controller role will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, land accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and ad-hoc analyses.
• Lead monthly reviews with Finance and Operations teams to reconcile all balances. Ensure all lot cost assumptions are appropriate and documented.
· Prepare soft cost budget analysis and lot cost calculations. Work with Operations and Finance teams to identify deficits.
• Participate in month-end process, journal entry process, and maintain monthly SOX binder
• Assist the Controller in preparing the annual Departmental Operating Budgets, Asset Development Budget, and Cash Flow Budget
• Assist the Controller in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of budget vs. actual operating results.
• Review subdivision financial performance.
• Prepare and participate in quarterly forecasts and annual planning.
• Perform any additional ad-hoc analysis, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA, Preferred
• 3 to 6 years of Accounting experience, Public preferred
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, practice, and financial reporting
• Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Salary: 80 to 95K plus bonus