CFS is assisting our client, a leader in the retail industry, on their search for an Internal Audit Director. This is a great role for someone with a mix of public accounting/industry experience and a very hands leadership style (ideal candidate will have come from a smaller Internal Audit team). This role provides stability, the chance to join a strong team with a passion for the business, and an operations team that strives to provide a one-of-a-kind catalogue of products and services.
This role is open due to a recent departure of a long-tenured team member.. Travel will be required once COVID cases decline (up to 30%). Advancement (professional) within the team is limited, so candidates interested in using this opportunity as a springboard into the C-Suite need not apply. Candidates interested in being a part of a special team with leadership that genuinely cares about their employees may continue on reviewing job details and requirements below:
Education and/or Experience:
- CPA is REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from four-year college or university, large accounting or consulting firm experience, previous lead role in internal audit in industry.
- Thorough understanding of internal controls over financial reporting, COSO and SOX 404.
- General understanding of SEC reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and develop the Internal Audit staff as aligned with the standard.
- Perform the necessary risk assessments of all field businesses in order to develop an annual Audit Plan for field operational audits.
- Oversee and execute the Audit Plan for field operational audits.
- Oversee and execute value-added consulting site visits in order to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness of field businesses with respect to Company policy & procedures.
- Maintenance of an internal control monitoring system to support management’s assertions required by Section 404 of SOX.
- Develop, manage and execute the documentation and testing of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting
- Work with department heads in the documentation required by Section 404 focusing on processes, risk assessments, and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Identify control gaps and work with process owners to document and monitor remediation plans.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to the Company’s financial processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as liaison for internal and external auditors in connection with Section 404 engagement to ensure requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Prepare communications and status reports for senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Keep abreast of new Sarbanes-Oxley and related developments and identify their potential impact on the Company.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to all levels both at corporate and in the field.
- Provide support, as needed, for ad hoc projects.
- Travel requirement may be up to approximately 30%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of accounting software (Great Plains – eEnterprise a plus), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Hyperion.