Our client is one of the premier oil & gas producing companies in the US. They have over 500 field locations and are located in over 13 states. Houston is their headquarters. The average tenure of this company is over 10 years! We are looking for someone with a great attitude! Someone who loves to be a team player is eager to learn and will do what it takes to get the job done!!!!!
Why work here?
- Flexible working schedules
- Good Work/Life balance
- Low Turnover
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!
- Prepare state and federal income tax returns for S corporations, partnerships, private foundations, benefits plans, trusts, and individuals using UltraTax CS software.
- Prepare information returns, quarterly tax depletion/depreciation and income estimates, unaudited financial statements, and tax return workpapers using complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Research various state and federal income and franchise tax issues, analyze capital expenditures for tangible/intangible characteristics and expense versus capitalization issues.
- Minimum of BBA in Accounting with CPA or serious CPA candidate
- Masters in Tax or Professional Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience with public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic tax accounting principles, partnership and S corporation taxation, state income/franchise tax required
- Knowledge and experience in oil & gas independent producer tax is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and tax return software (UltraTax CS is a plus)