ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
- Great culture, family-oriented and laid back!
- Competitive compensation plan
- Awesome benefits & true work-life balance
OVERVIEW OF THE PLANT ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
This position will be responsible for closing gas processing plants and gathering system allocations. A successful candidate will perform allocations, settlements, analysis, and reconciliations. This position will play a key role in maintaining, testing and implementing software solutions as well as operational changes, reporting, and controls.
WHAT WILL THE PLANT ACCOUNTANT DO?
- Monthly midstream revenue close process and analysis
- Manage a wide array of functions related to gas plant accounting and revenue allocations
- Analyze volumetric, contractual and financial results and explain variances to estimate and forecasts and prior trends
- Review and apply contract terms for proper revenue recognition and customer settlement
- Prepare timely and accurate gas plant allocations and production settlement statements or invoices in compliance with midstream service agreements
- Communicate with operations, marketing and internal and external parties that are critical to perform job responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly midstream revenue accrual and periodic accrual to actual look back
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Document the performance of internal controls over responsible areas
- Meet all critical closing deadlines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A PLANT ACCOUNTANT:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; 10+ years in the oil and gas industry with Midstream and Gas Plant Accounting experience required
- Minimum five or more years related business experience required; ten or more years preferred
- Extensive plant and gas balancing knowledge required, database query experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting transactions related to gas processing plants also needed
- W Energy Software (formerly Waterfield) experience preferred
Alternatively, my client will be interested in candidates without the required experience but with a high aptitude and interest in learning about Gas Plant Accounting.