Senior Corporate Accountant for a multinational publicly-traded company located in The Woodlands
Why take a Corporate Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to the corporate team (Financial Reporting, Treasury, FP&A, Tax)
- Ability to advance in a growing company.
- Work & Live in The Woodlands
Perks of the Corporate Accountant role:
- Amazing office space
- Company is undergoing major growth!
- Fantastic benefits and flex schedules
- Work for a manager who loves to train & mentor!
What the Corporate Accountant will do…
- Assist in the closing of the books for the Corporate office and holding companies
- Responsible for preparation and review of financial reporting for Corporate Office, including providing explanations on financial fluctuations
- Prepare/process journal entries, and perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Monitor consolidated lease accounting and reporting, as required
- Pension reporting, accounting, and review of pension accounts on a consolidated basis
- Calculate tax expense, accruals, and deferred taxes for Corporate entities and holding companies
- Prepare quarterly tax inputs and roll forward schedules and analysis in the reporting system
- Assist in ensuring that all Corporate entities are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley
- Interface with auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit including preparing schedules and spreadsheets
- Assist management with ad-hoc requests, including special projects and initiatives
- Assist with preparation of management reports
- Assist with accounting and reporting for health and welfare plan, including monthly cash activity transactions, fluctuation analysis, preparing monthly financial reporting package and researching variances
What the company needs in a Corporate Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience (2+ years) with evidence of expanding responsibilities
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and analysis
- Energetic, detail-oriented self-starter that has a “hands-on” approach and a strong focus on continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing and improving environment
- Experience in Oracle and database reporting tools