NW Houston – Fallbrook & Beltway 8
Why work for this company?
- The company is rapidly growing. Lots of Growth potential.
- No travel and Limited Overtime during Month End Close
- Hybrid role where you work on analytics & accounting functions
- Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Under general supervision from the FP&A Manager and Controller, responsible for analyzing cost reports, AFEs, financials records, G/L accounts, and sub-ledgers. Analyzes cost records to ascertain the distribution of costs of various divisions of management. Assist accounting team with month-end close duties necessary to ensure the Financials are closed timely and accurately. Handles special projects as assigned.
- Perform month end close entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
- Assist with tracking of Fixed Asset and Depreciation Calculation.
- Assist with AFE project review to determine capitalizable expenses vs. P&L expenditures.
- Assist with the creation of weekly or biweekly P&L reports and subsequent journal entries.
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with ERP System (Netsuite preferred) or Oracle experience
- Strong Excel Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years of finance experience preferably in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industry.