Manufacturing Plant Controller
Our client is a growing and fast-paced manufacturing organization in the Dallas, Texas area with operations across the world for over 250 years. This organization is a global competitor in their field with a consistent track record of superior quality and innovation. The company is gearing up for expansion in North America and needs a strong leader in the Cost Controller role to help lead and support this growth.
The company offers great benefits, pto, and 401k with a competitive compensation package. By joining this growing company, you will surely never have a dull moment!
You are an exceptional Controller that can juggle tasks and manage changing priorities. You are a competitor at heart, and you love the challenge of growth and recognize the beauty of the journey. You are passionate about accounting and team building. You are smart, curious and ambitious. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done. You thrive on developing financial documentation for decision-makers. You love the feeling of being needed and providing value to key decision-makers!
You view accounting as an opportunity to serve and make every effort to provide world-class customer service. You are excited about growing your career in a well-established and thriving organization.
What the Controller will do:
The Controller effective preparation, analysis, and insights for both actual and planned results.
- Work with the manufacturing team to ensure proper reporting of all manufacturing variances including labor efficiency, material usage, overhead spending, scrap, and inventory adjustments and labor and hours reporting
- Provide oversight to 2-3 staff and senior accountants
- Deliver monthly actual COGS results and develop monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Partner with all teams to understand raw materials, direct labor, and overhead cost drivers
- Proactively review inventory transactions throughout the month to identify and troubleshoot unusual transactions and variances before the month-end close
- Perform annual standard cost updates as needed. Perform standard cost updates for the budget. Ensure the accuracy of standard costs in the system.
- Prepare cost of goods sold for the budgets and forecasts to include standard cost of sales, overhead spending, and variances.
- Partner with the Operations teams to develop and implement ongoing cost savings, benchmarking, and best-in-class manufacturing strategies.
Requirements of the Controller:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 3-5 manufacturing/managerial accounting with heavy experience in product pricing and margin analysis
- 2-5 years of budgeting and financial planning
- Job costing experience with SAP a plus
- CPA or CMA