The Payroll Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Payroll Department. They will supervise a team of 3 tenured processors. Payroll is processed in house for over 900 employees. All employees are in the state of Texas.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Payroll Department.
- Reconcile payroll accounts and accruals on the company’s General Ledger.
- Reconcile and upload a 401k data bridge file to Empower Retirement for all payrolls.
- Record payroll journals from UltiPro for all pay groups.
- Assist with creating payroll reports using UltiPro.
- Oversee hourly, commission and exempt payrolls.
- Prepare paychecks and direct deposit transactions for Exempt employees.
- Process employee wage garnishments including IRS levies, Child Support Orders and Chapter 13 deductions.
- Manage paid and unpaid leaves of absence including FMLA paperwork.
- Assist with setup and maintaining UltiPro systems.
- Assist with processing ACA 1094/1095 and W2 annual reporting.
- Complete verification of employment letters upon request.
- Prepare and maintain payroll and employee files.
- Open and close Company Credit Card accounts.
- Perform special projects for the Compensation and Benefits Department as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree specializing in Accounting/Business Administration required.
- Requires at least 5 years of accounting and payroll processing experience.
- Requires at least 4 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and IRS tax laws.
#payroll #manager #houston #hiringnow