Our client is expanding their team and adding a Treasury Director. This person will be tasked with building out the Treasury function for the company.
The position develops and manages the treasury activities of the company. The position oversees the corporate banking, credit, cash receipt, cash payment, and investment functions of the company. The position shares responsibility in protecting and maximizing return on the assets of the company.
- Oversee all cash management functions, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and assist with company borrowings, debt payments, and investment of excess cash.
- Ensure the company is effectively and efficiently paying creditors and collecting receivables.
- Manage new account setup and inter-company cash, including inter-company lending, dividends, and capital injections.
- Maintain banking relationships and implement new bank technologies, products, and services to improve the cash cycle and simplify company operations.
- Ensure fees paid for bank products and services are competitive.
- Look for opportunities where cash may be better utilized or invested.
- Assist with cash planning for the company, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist with the budgeting process and work with other departments to project the future cash inflows and outflows of the company.
- Forecast related borrowing needs and ensure that sufficient funds and access to capital are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Ensure projections comply with the company’s credit and capital requirements and meet company objectives, including but not limited to ensuring the company can operate while maintaining its core values and ensuring the protection of company assets.
- Prepare pro formas of potential land and lot investments to help ensure the best utilization of company assets, which includes communicating with other departments to determine the appropriate assumptions.
- Oversee the cash reconciliation process.
- Manage the issuance of letters of credit, bonds, and guarantees.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures around treasury activities that ensure the company’s objectives, needs, and regulatory compliance are met.
- Facilitate functions as needed within the finance and accounting department, including budgeting, tax compliance, product pricing, and acquisitions.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and reports to track, analyze, and communicate the financial activity of the Company.
- Communicating with department and construction personnel to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and communicated.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including those set forth in writing in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere.
- College degree required. The emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of relevant managerial experience. Experience with the construction industry a plus.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
#treasury #houston #hiringnow #director #finance #CFA #CTP