CFS of Colorado has been retained by a well-known E&P oil & gas company located in the heart of Downtown Denver to help them in their Controller search.
Why take a Controller role with this company?
- Start-up feel with a fun environment (Foosball tables, daily breakfasts, etc…)
- Strong work-life balance and flexible work schedules.
- Robust bonus and stock plan
- Ability to implement your proactive vision
- Proven CFS client, have placed multiple accountants and all LOVE IT!
Reporting directly to the President the individual will be a key member of the management team and will work with other business unit leaders and the corporate executive team to provide sound business judgment and a broad financial perspective.
- Work with Corporate accounting team to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Oversight for all operations accounting functions including revenue and production accounting, general ledger, joint interest, accounts payable and receivable, joint venture audits, financial analysis
- Improve the company’s accounting practices, controls, and procedures related to AR, AP, and treasury to improve workflows and mitigate risk
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting and tax filing requirements
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual operating and cash budgets and provide support with financial analysis and reporting
What the company needs in a Controller:
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA preferred
- 8+ years of E&P oil and gas industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Attention to detail, dead-line-oriented with strong analytical skills in Excel and systems
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Previous supervisory experience
#controller #oil&gas #Denver #hiring #accounting