Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a Non-Profit in Downtown. They are looking to add a Controller to their accounting team and will move quickly for the right candidate.
About the Company and Opportunity:
- This is a Houston local organization – doing business since the 1980’s!
- Presents an opportunity to touch many facets of accounting, finance and audit
- The company is comprised of smart and talented staff and management aimed at welcoming and inspiring all visitors.
- Integrity, Community, and Intellectual Curiosity are 3 pillars of the core values for the company.
- Recently, the non-profit received donations exceeding $150 million within a year’s time.
- If you are looking to be a part of a historical Houston non-profit, this could be the Controller opportunity for you!
Perks of the role?
- Heavily subsidized HealthCare plan
- Free 5% 401k contribution
- Flexible schedules
- Work/Life balance (40-45 hour weeks typically)
Overview of the Controller role:
- This Controller role will supervise the maintenance of the financial records. These records include investments, banking, AP, AR, payroll, benefits, real estate, fixed assets, budgets, etc.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP.
- Work closely with CFO to forecast and manage cash flow, monitor controls, and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Assist with budget preparation and consolidation.
- Support with audit schedules
Preferred Qualifications for the Controller:
- Strong NFP experience
- Endowment experience
- Blackbaud preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- CPA preferred