Why take an Assistant Controller role with this company?
- Work with a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization
- United Way Agency
- Work hand in hand with the CFO who is looking for her right-hand person
- Work with an amazing team!
- Work-life balance…truly!
Perks of the Assistant Controller role:
- 26 days PTO plus 12 paid holidays
- 6% match on 401K with up to 4% additional match possible
- 37.5 hour workweek outside of close or special projects that need to be completed.
- Free parking and easy access to freeway
What the Assistant Controller will do…
- Responsible for monthly close which includes account reconciliations and manual journal entries.
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Prepare all financial, project/program and grants accounting and reporting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets.
- Prepare internal reports for management, BOD and committees.
- Liaise with Auditors. Coordinator completion of form 990.
- Assist in annual budgeting and planning process, administer the new budget and compare to actual results, variance analysis and summarizing trends
- Assist with the investment portfolio
- Supervise, mentor and train staff accountant.
- Maintain internal controls system to reduce the risk of fraud
What the company needs in an Assistant Controller role:
- 8 plus years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting
- Accounting, Finance Degree
- CPA a plus
- Nonprofit experience required
- Experience with multiple funding sources.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.