|DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
- This organization values its employees and offers a work-life balance.
- Culture is one thing they have right…MANY tenured employees with an average of ~10 or more years
- Leading Real Estate Development organization located in a well-established area with a rich history in San Antonio.
- Seeking a strong people leader with a passion for building and leading a team.
- Professional growth & development, continued education assistance, great benefits, and a bonus structure. Not to mention the office location, which is full of life and rich in culture, with a focus on sustainability & preservation!
- You are a left-brain thinker with an aptitude for numbers and attention to detail. You are a self-starter and enjoy solving complex problems. But what makes you stand out from the crowd is your passion for building and leading teams! You are a LEADER and not a BOSS.
- You love the work you do but the way you recharge is spending time with the important people in your life doing the things you love to do outside of the 9-5 grind.
- You want to be a part of a team that commits to their work, their team, and the company.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
The Director of Accounting with lead a team of 6+ accounting team members. The role will oversee all accounting and budgets for multiple entities including real estate, property management, restaurants, retail, and event venues.
- Assist external auditors with audit
- Create, analyze and implement annual budget
- Oversee Fixed assets accounting
- Review, analyze, and present financial reports to the leadership team
- Manage real estate allocations (CAM accounting, taxes, insurance) and tenant recoveries
- Manage and oversee corporate credit cards
- Assist in challenging Property Tax assessment and insurance renewals
- Promissory note compliance
- Intercompany bank transfers & cash management
- Forecasting & Analysis of financials
- Software implementation and integration projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING:
- BS in Accounting, Masters a plus
- CPA highly preferred
- Background in Public Accounting a major plus (5+ years)
- Real estate or property management experience highly preferred (5+ years)
- Management experience (2+ years)
- GAAP & Tax Accounting knowledge