Looking for Senior Commodity Accounting Analyst
Why take a Senior Commodity Accounting Analystcrole with this company?
- Company is listed on the Fortune 50
- A key part of the accounting team
- Beautiful Office Space
- 9/80 and other flex schedule possibilities!
Perks of the Senior Commodity Accounting Analyst role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Free parking
- Did I mention??? 9/80 and other flex schedule possibilities!
What the Senior Commodity Accounting Analyst will do…
- Lead the daily reconciliation of accounting to the trading system ensuring the accuracy of the accounting ledger.
- Evaluate and analyze Mark-to Market calculations presented by the Middle office using an in-house trading system
- Review and maintain ownership of balance sheet and income statement accounts, in order to reconcile in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interface, analyze, evaluate, and reconcile the monthly derivative hedging
- Reconcile quarter and annual inter-company transactions between trading entities and other entities for Consolidation Reporting.
- Respond to SOX related inquiries from management and internal/external auditors on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Provide assistance to management with drafting evaluation of SOX testing variances.
- Account for and analyze hedging fluctuations in relation to foreign exchange rates and effects in the revaluation currency of the accounting system.
What the company needs in a Senior Commodity Accounting Analyst:
- 4+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting in the Energy Commodity Marketing/Trading Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP with Mark-to-Market accounting in the commodity trading business.
- Fundamental accounting skills required and strong computer skills essential -advanced Excel user.
#accountant #houston #hiring #interviewing #senioraccountant