Looking for Senior Reporting Accountants, who would love to work in Spring, Texas. Work closely with operations and serve as their “mini-controller”.
Why take a Senior Reporting Accountant role with this company?
- Company is ALWAYS in acquisition mode
- A key part of the corporate accounting team
- Work & Live in North Houston
- Never be bored. No day is EVER the same!
Perks of the Senior Reporting Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Interaction with operations of the different business units
- Be part of high growth mode company
- 85 to 95K plus 10% bonus
What the Senior Reporting Accountant will do…
- Maintaining various general ledgers for multiple business units; helping with the preparation of monthly and annual financial ; performing various key balance sheet reconciliations and assisting with the consolidation of results at the business unit and holdings level.
- Assist with all the closing activities for the companies managed by Accounting, including the preparation and distribution of monthly and annual P&L, BS and CF statements.
- Calculate and process closing entries
- Work with the General Ledger accountant to ensure that all journal entries are reconciled to the systems and tied out to system generated journal entry log.
- Develop, update and maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual closing checklists to ensure that all financial statements are complete, accurate and reviewed.
- Provide monthly analysis and reports on certain key companies/accounts
- Prepare certain monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations covering all the accounts listed above, including deferred revenue, accruals, prepayments, payroll, leases and equity for review.
- Support the quarterly and annual consolidation processes at the business unit and holdings level:
- Support the interim and annual audit processes with the Group’s external auditors and other third parties
- Complete TM1 reporting, processes, flash reports, budgets and forecasts.
What the company needs in a Senior Reporting Accountant:
- Accounting degree/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred.
- More than 8 years of accounting and reporting experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; QuickBooks, Dynamics and Cognos TM1 knowledge a plus.
- Builds trusted relationships.
- Inspires innovation and drives continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and commitment to functional excellence. High level of organizational skills.