Looking for Senior Accountants, who would love to work close to I-10 & Bingle.
Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing
- A key part of the corporate accounting team
- Work & Live in close to Houston
- Beautiful Office Space
Perks of the Senior Reporting Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Free parking
- 85 to 90K plus 10% bonus
What the Senior Accountant will do…
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Propose and create monthly accruals and other relevant journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Review, approve and post A/P entries
- Update balance sheet reconciliations: prior to recurring journals, after journals have been posted and once a month is close prior to final Trial Balance
- Enter reoccurring journal entries to book prepaid expenses/insurance, property taxes, bonus accruals, tax/audit expense accruals, inventory reserve
- Update commission reconciliation and accrual monthly
- Complete payroll review
- Reverse prior month expense accruals
- Review fixed asset accounts: add new additions to the schedule, calculate and book depreciation, update PP&E roll-forward
- A/R & A/P intercompany true-up reconciliation; record adjusting journal entries if needed
- Review credit card expense coding and record via journal entry
- Review Profit & Loss statement, prepare variance analysis explanation
- Prepare income tax accrual
- G & A expense allocation journal entries
- Upload trial balance to Hyperion
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- U.S. GAAP required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required Hyperion experience preferred, Oracle experience required
#accountant #houston #hiring #interviewing #senioraccountant
One thought on “Senior Accountant – Spring Branch – firstname.lastname@example.org”
Please consider me for the Senior Accountant position in Spring Branch.
Reconciliations and month end close are my specialties. I’ve reconciled GL balance sheet accounts, bank accounts (over 300 bank accounts for Shell Oil), subledgers including A/R and A/P), intercompany accounts (at Wood and CGG), P&L accounts (including variance explanations), tax accounts and capital accounts. I’m known for timely clean complete reconciliations.
Monthly analysis and journal entries are part of my full cycle close. Those entries include accruals and reversals as well as cross functional teamwork for accurate data. I just completed 2 payroll accounting positions. I have experience auditing and correcting invoice coding, both A/R and A/P. I have 20 years of GL accounting experience and my BBA Finance is from Texas A&M University.
I would love the chance to interview for this Senior Accountant position. Attached is my most recent resume for your quick reference.