ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re currently seeking an Audit Senior or Audit Manager for a Houston based Accounting firm.
- Tremendous opportunity to work for a great leader and mentor who’s built their own book of business and move fast on a partner track!
- Great work-life balance and an excellent opportunity for growth
- CPE is fully paid for.
- Plan, organize and schedule engagements with clients to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Coordinate day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and reporting and communicate engagement status and issues with client and partners.
- Supervise staff during audits. *** Manager
- Prepare financial statements with disclosures and validate, test and assess various control systems.
- Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients’ satisfaction.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA Certification Required
- Minimum 5 years of recent audit experience in public accounting with a US firm
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and GAAS; knowledge of GAGAS (Government Auditing Standards); OMB 133
- Candidates with healthcare and government audit (financial aid, school districts, university level) experience preferred