We are currently partnering with a growing company seeking a strong Controller. The Controller will manage the Consolidations, Special Project, Inventory and Cost Accounting Manager.
The Corporate Controller is the accounting and business partner to the VP – Accounting and CFO in the development, implementation, and administration of accounting policies, as well as ensuring accurate accounting and presentation in accordance with US GAAP. This position oversees the corporation’s US and Corporate accounting and financial controls functions which includes responsibility for period end closing and related consolidation, monthly financial statements, review of transactions generated, review of account reconciliations, management of annual GAAP audits and quarterly reviews, supervision of the corporate accounting staff, including general ledger, fixed assets, inventory, and other internal controls and special project functions.
- Responsible for the monthly closing of books timely and accurately including review of the consolidated financial statements for accuracy and clarity
- Responsible for the monthly global consolidation and related reporting requirement
- Maintain overall responsibility for the preparation and dissemination of timely and accurate corporate internal financial reports
- Provide analysis and oversight of various ad-hoc transaction and financial analysis, as needed, in particular for management requests, evaluation of potential transactions, and those matters involving the application of US GAAP
- Establishes and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting, including collaboration with Internal Audit to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 for our US operations
- Lead the annual independent audit process and be the control point for the external auditors with coordination of the provision of information to the external auditors for the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Maintain a well-organized and structured corporate accounts and records systems
- Responsibility as a process and control owner of internal control procedures under SOX 404
- Assist and oversee a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports, as requested
- Contribute to the development and rollout of streamlined accounting processes where possible
- Assist with review of certain disclosures in the external SEC filings
- Review corporate balance sheet reconciliations
- Establishment and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies that comply with relevant standards established by the FASB, SEC, and other global regulatory bodies, as appropriate
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting (BS / BA); MS / MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of related progressive professional and technical experience preferably in both public accounting and corporate experience with 5 plus years of managerial experience.
- CPA Required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- 10% – 20% Travel