Overview of the role:
- Prepare a program to direct and manage the US consolidated federal and state income tax compliance function and to develop corporate-wide US tax compliance policies and procedures.
- Establish a process to direct and manage the consolidated annual and quarterly income tax accounting guidelines under various methods of accounting and develop corporate-wide tax accounting policies and procedures.
- Review, assess, and coordinate the implementation of tax and accounting software applications required to meet the department’s overall compliance and reporting objectives.
- Contribute in reviewing income tax consequences of corporate mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Oversee tax legislation and accounting pronouncement activity to determine their impact on the organization and communicate findings to the Vice President & Tax Director and develop tax policy and procedures as necessary to comply with changes in tax law and accounting standards.
- Develop and instruct internally developed tax training courses designed to provide continuing professional education (CPE) training for Tax department personnel.
- Experience: Ideally, the successful candidate will have minimum of twelve years of relevant and progressive professional experience in multiple areas of Tax.
- Minimum of eight years of leadership experience directly related to directing and managing the income tax compliance and accounting functions of a large multinational consolidated group of companies.
- Minimum of 5 years in public accounting, Big 4 preferred
- Strong experience in GAAP and insurance statutory income tax accounting
- Strong experience in corporate consolidated returns
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
- Educational and skills requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field; master’s degree preferred