Responsible for all aspects and supervision of the Revenue Accounting and Production Accounting Departments.
- Serves in consultative and collaborative roles with the Joint Interest Accounting and Accounts Payable Accounting Departments to ensure all facets of operational accounting are coordinated and functioning effectively.
- Serves as a key advisor to the CAO, CFO, General Counsel and other company personnel on all aspects of Operational Accounting and reporting matters.
- Establish and maintain written policies and procedures as well as monitoring for compliance, and recommend and implement improvements required to improve internal control and meet evolving business needs.
- Responsible for final review and approval of documents, projects, and processes that are generated within the area of responsibility.
- Reviews and monitors interactions with other departments and with outside parties.
- Key member of the asset integration team by assisting in the accounting due diligence and integration/dissolution of oil and gas property asset acquisition and divestiture transactions as well as responsible for post-closing accounting settlements.
- Recruits, directs, coaches, evaluates, corrects and mentors staff to ensure appropriate organizational development, succession planning, and performance management within the Revenue and Production Accounting Departments.
- Serves as the Audit Compliance Officer to facilitate accurate and complete information gathering, and assist in responses to all federal and state royalty and severance tax compliance reviews and audits.
- Key accounting team member that interfaces with IT and other departments to update, develop and implement effective operational accounting and reporting systems including the integration of departmental systems (e.g., Marketing/Land/Production/Regions) and sub-systems.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field of study required.
- MBA or graduate degree in Accounting is a plus.
- CPA certification preferred.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in all aspects of operational accounting (i.e., revenue, production, joint interests and accounts payable accounting) in the upstream E&P industry.
- 5+ years related managerial/supervisory experience with demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities while providing advanced technical knowledge of operational accounting practices for a variety of highly complex assignments while successfully working with and advising senior management and various other departments (e.g., Production, Marketing, Land, Legal, AP, Revenue, Corporate Accounting, Region/field personnel) as well as third parties.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated the ability to successfully work with federal and state agencies to comply with applicable rules and respond to royalty and severance tax compliance reviews and audits.