Our client, located in downtown Houston, is looking for a experienced Accounting professional with a combination of Tax & General Accounting experience. This position will have two direct reports. This position is responsible for taxation and compliance needs as well as the oversight of international accounting operations.
- Develop and coordinate all federal, state and international tax policies and procedures.
- Continually review our tax position for effectiveness and efficiency of compliance in a changing environment.
- Perform technical tax reviews and approvals of all U.S. tax returns, all of which are prepared by outside preparers.
- Engage in review of all non-U.S. tax preparations, prepared both by outside preparers and internally.
- Develop and coordinate international accounting and finance process and procedures for our non-U.S. offices.
- Optimize processes and systems for timely and accurate reporting and compliance.
- Research, analyze, model and evaluate tax impacts on the firm and recommend courses of action.
- Liaise with outside tax advisors as needed in the execution of tax preparation and assessment of new or changing requirements.
- Maintain knowledge and keep abreast of tax or other legislation that could affect the business environment and compliance needs.
- Direct reports include the Tax and Treasury Manager and a Senior Accountant.
- CPA license and college degree required.
- MPA or MBA preferred.
- Seasoned accountant with 12 plus years of experience, preferably at a public accounting firm or professional services experience.
- Deep knowledge of partnership taxation.
- Knowledge of international taxation is a plus.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and the rest of Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in use of tax research tools.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.