Our client, a Family Office, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Tax Accountant with a combination of experience in compliance, preparation and review of corporate, partnership, trust, and individual returns.
This position will be located in downtown Houston, Texas.
The company is engaged in the management of public and private equity, real estate, oil and gas interests and a number of private investment partnerships. We offer excellent benefits.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Three to five years tax experience
- Experience preparing 1040’s, 1065’s, and 1041’s
- Strong accounting skills
- Comprehensive understanding of tax laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner
- Able to understand the needs of a multi-company environment
- Ability to review complex data, evaluate the information, and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to work with tax preparation software
- Must be proficient in Excel
- College degree, major in accounting
- Aviation experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working with accounting information.
- Must be detail oriented
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven track record as an effective team player and good interpersonal skills
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word