Are you an Accountant that is early in their career? Yes, I am talking to all you new grads and/or folks with 1-3 years of GL experience. I might have the perfect job for you! One of my favorite hiring managers is looking for a Staff Accountant to join his team. Why, you ask, is he one of my favorites? Well, he is incredibly smart, an excellent mentor, and climbed his way to the top of a well-known O&G services company super fast! That’s right, he was sitting in the same Staff Accountant shoes less than 10 years ago!
So what does the Staff Accountant role entail? See responsibilities below:
- Maintains command of financial data.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations for a number of General Ledger accounts across the entity.
- Provides observations/recommendations to all levels of management on gaining efficiencies in the monthly General Ledger (GL) close process.
- Maintains and leverages the financial accounting systems and processes in order to inform critical financial decision-making company-wide.
- Leads special projects and presents results and findings to all levels of management.
- Establishes and affects regional operating strategy and makes projections based on third-party reporting.
- Formulates and provides guidance with regard to accounting policies to all levels of both the Corporate Departments and at other locations.
- Leads trainings and coordinates system integration procedures and as a department representative Instructs new company employees acquired during an acquisition on the implementation of operating practices.
Still interested? Great! Here’s how we can make sure he is interested in you as well:
- Bachelor degree – Accounting
- CPA eligible is a plus
- If you’re a new grad, you’ve had an internship or two and are hungry to learn as much as possible
- If you have 1-3 years of experience, you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved in every aspect of accounting
- Advanced Excel – vlookups, pivot tables… all of this will become a regular part of your daily job functions
- Go-getter attitude
- You’re the type of person that finishes a project and immediately walks over to your manager and asks, “What can I do next?”
Feel like you would be a great fit? Please apply! We look forward to receiving your resume.