Leads implementation of the requirements of COSO 2013 and manages change of the Company’s existing financial reporting internal control framework; (examines existing system and business processes and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies while maintaining internal control effectiveness; review, recommend solutions and monitor the implementation of changes required by annual process walk-throughs and internal control testing; and (e.) coordinates and deliver training for control owners on their responsibilities and control tester expectations.
- degree in accounting
- CPA license required;
- national or major regional public accounting firm experience at the senior or manager level which is required, and internal control implementation and testing is highly preferred;
- exceptional written & oral communication skills required;
- DESIGN & DIRECT installation of controls which mitigate or prevent material loss or reduce to an economically reasonable level the frequency of occurrence of lesser loss. Specifically, IMPLEMENT COSO 2013 standards. Coordinates control initiatives with the System Security Manager, especially where integral automated processes are a subset of subject business processes.
- STREAMLINE processes which cut across the scope of responsibility of more than one SAP Process Owner. LEAD process change which involves multiple SAP Process Owners. DIRECT installation of key internal controls in related business processes.
- DEVELOP, ISSUE, MAINTAIN & INTERPRET Corporate business policies and procedures integral to key internal controls. ADMINISTER publication of Corporate business policies and procedures developed by others.
- MANAGE closure of open control and finance-related issues on the agenda of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- COORDINATE and DELIVER training for control owners on their responsibilities and control tester expectations.
- SUPERVISE & ADMINISTER employees and/or contractors involved in control and process design related to duties number 1 through 3, above.