Responsible for organizing and leading cross-functional, multi-organization initiatives. The two most important initiatives are: (i.) maintaining and monitoring the system that detects conflicts with segregated duties in the system; testing controls in SAP and understanding job processes to check for mitigating controls that could exist outside of the SAP system; and (ii.) managing changes to the company’s financial reporting internal control framework to ensure the reliability of financial reporting; monitoring the system that detects weaknesses in control of processes throughout the company, creating solutions, and monitoring the system.
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting
- Current CPA license or CPA eligible preferred
- National or major regional public accounting firm experience at the staff or senior level and internal control implementation and testing is highly preferred;
- Maintain and monitor the system that detects conflicts with Systems of Delegation (SOD) within the company’s SAP system. Facilitate remediation activities or detect mitigating controls that eliminate the conflicts.
- Manage change financial reporting internal control framework. Develop systems and tools using the COSO framework.
- Review, recommend solutions, and monitor the implementation of changes required by internal audits.
- Actively participate in the Quarterly Review meetings where key closing processes are reviewed. Use tools to reduce the number of post-closing accounting entries and to identify and remediate all significant work process gaps