|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Supervises billing and collection staff and expedites the day-to-day operations of both departments.
- Continuously evaluates workflows for billing and collection departments. Recommends and initiates improvements as identified.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedure documents for billing and collection functions.
- Works with operations to collaborate on business policies, procedure, objectives, and problem solving.
- Monitors, documents, and provides feedback to staff on performance and contribution. Administer performance plan and/or disciplinary action as needed.
- Motivates staff to perform at optimum levels and creates a positive and productive work environment.
- Ensures practices are in compliance with HIPAA and all other regulatory rules and regulations.
- Responsible for staffing processes to include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, new employee orientation, and training for billing and collection departments.
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets daily, weekly, and monthly billing reports for management use. Makes recommendations for group performance improvements based on information from reports.