Bilingual Credit & Collections Manager – email@example.com
- Manage and follow a number of customer accounts, resolve customer disputes, send collection letters, and interact with internal/external customers, providing assistance with invoices and statements, and requesting money from customers.
- Evaluate customer credit risk.
- Enforce Company credit and collections policies and procedures.
- Manage the product insurance/bond arrangements/LC’s/bank guarantees
- Provide status update reports on outstanding customer accounts to management.
- Review terms of credit contracts with customers and negotiate payment plans for customers with financial difficulties.
- Determine need for legal action for nonpayment of accounts.
- Obtain and review credit applications and financial data.
- Call credit bureaus, banks and references to check credit. Approve and establish credit limits.
- Review letters of credit and present proper documentation to the banks for payment.
- File liens with proper authorities to protect Company assets.
- Track and recommend allowance requirements for outstanding A/R.
- Create A/R and Analytical related reports.
- Work with other functions to build an effective team environment to effectively pursue collections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management.
- Five (5) years’ experience in credit and collections, manufacturing environment or construction industry, preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish – English, required.
- Experience in lien filing and letters-of-credit negotiation.
- Knowledge of bond and lien filing notice requirements, including at least one year working experience in this area.
- Proficiency in preparing and/or reviewing A/R and A/R Allowance balance sheet reconciliations.