Do you love the real estate industry? Do you live on the west side of Houston and would love to shorten your commute time? Our client is growing so much they are ready to bring on an Assitant Controller or Controller to their team. This person would supervise a team of 7. We are looking for someone who loves to improve processes and procedures and someone who can isn’t afraid to jump right in and make changes.
Here is a snapshot of the controller duties:
- Manage all accounting functions (GL, A/P, Fixed Assets)
- Manage monthly close processes for corporate books and multiple financing portfolios
- Maintain accurate accounting / reconciliation of intercompany balances with sister company(ies).
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for lenders and internal management.
- Prepare financial statement consolidations monthly / quarterly or as requested.
- Manage annual budgets and quarterly reforecast along with cash flow forecasting.
- Coordinating and assisting as needed in document preparation for tax preparation with external CPA.
- Heavy involvement in the annual external financial statement audit process.
Requirements for the Controller:
- CPA preferred
- 7 to 10 years of accounting experience
- 3 plus year of supervisory