Performs advanced analyses and assists in high-level recommendations on a variety of treasury and financial assurance activities including cash and investment management; financial assurance portfolio structure and cost; financing activities such as bond transactions and leases; and risk management activities such as interest rate and foreign currency hedging.
- Manage daily cash positioning and cash flow forecasting to maximize cash for investing and minimize borrowing costs. Actively monitor and assess the cash forecast, analyzing differences between forecast and actuals, coordinating with accounting and financial analysis teams as required to support cash flow-related management and Board of Director reporting.
- Provide analytical support for the liquidity position of the company, making recommendations for revolving credit facility and commercial paper borrowings and repayments on a timely basis to ensure that cash flow is adequate to support business needs and that debt balances are managed to reduce costs.
- Work with other team members to ensure outgoing wire transfers are executed on a timely basis within the company’s internal control framework.
- Works with internal and external resources to ensure that all cash-related needs of existing and/or new business interests are addressed timely and accurately. This includes coordinating efforts associated with field personnel, the Service Center, and third parties, including lockbox and merchant services providers.
- Review bank account structure and make recommendations for increased efficiency. Prepare a regular bank fee analysis that can be used by the company to assess banking relationships and cost saving opportunities.
- Participates in the evaluation of the company’s financing activities, including bond financings, lease versus buy analyses, commercial paper, and bank facilities.
- Monitors current market conditions and analyzes potential derivative transactions (primarily interest rate and foreign currency). Provides support to the organization by ensuring that derivative activities are carried out within the parameters of established policies and authorization limits.
- Actively manage responsibilities and deadlines to ensure that customer (field organization) needs are met on a timely and effective basis.
- Use professional judgment and accounting/finance experience to assess the company’s overall financial position (computation of key financial ratios, benchmarking and stress testing), which will contribute to the compilation of financial presentations to the Board of Directors, senior management or the credit rating agencies as well as quarterly compliance reporting.
- Provide analytical support to the Treasury and Financial Assurance team on ad hoc/special projects.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar area of study.,
- Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).