Why work here?
- Flexible working schedules. In-office position.
- LSA program – 100 per month! Get a gym membership or get a monthly massage, mani/pedi on the company!
- Good Work/Life balance – it is VERY rare that you will work overtime (the manager has never missed a kids sporting event!)
- Low Turnover. The average tenure is over 10 years. The manager of this group has been there for over 20 years!!!!
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!
- Convenient northwest Houston location.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start PLUS 2 weeks of PTO. You get additional weeks after years of service.
- VERY visible role. Work hand in hand with CFO / CEO.
- Room for advancement in the next few years.
What you will be doing….
- Oil & Gas Accountant specializing in revenue accounting.
- Accruals – research outside operated sales on wells for a series of properties to provide an oil, gas, and NGL accrual on a monthly basis
- Federal and Indian royalties – prepare, file, and pay royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences.
- Oil and gas state royalties – prepare, file, and pay royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Oil and gas severance tax – prepare, file, and pay production taxes as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Applies the principles, theories and concepts of accounting to assignments, such as preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Works with Manager and Lead Accountants on complex tasks and projects. May function as a project leader on small to medium sized projects.
What you need to bring to the table….
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance) with 5-6 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience or high school diploma or GED with 9-10 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office skills.
Accounting degree preferred