Why should you consider this role?
- Exposure to multiple business units. A key part of the Audit Team.
- Ability to advance in a growing company (placed multiple staff and seniors who have been promoted)
- Hybrid schedule – go in one day a week. Minimal travel. Manage a team of 3.
- Open due to growth…. Manager is being promoted! Backfilling this role.
- Manufacturing & Distribution….even some exposure to Crypto!
- Great work life balance.
What you will do…
- Assist Internal Audit Director with creating an adequate audit plan.
- Review and verify workpapers to ensure compliance with IIA Standards.
- Experience with executing audit plan, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up.
- Manage, supervise, and be involved in multiple concurrent audit projects.
- Communicate with process owners, management, and external auditors.
- Attend and facilitate all kick-off, status, and closing meetings between the audit team and auditee.
- Assist in conducting fraud investigations.
- Assist audit team with technical accounting or operational audit tests.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining staff and senior auditors.
- Mentor audit staff, including guidance on continuous learning and attaining certifications.
What you need to bring to the table…..
- Must maintain at least one professional certification (CIA, CPA, CFE etc.).
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business accounting, finance, economics, or management.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in internal or external audit.
- Proven experience in scheduling, managing, supervising, and training/guiding multiple audit teams through financial, operational, and IT projects.
- Experience executing and guiding audit teams through the planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up phases on assurance and consultative audits.