About the Company and the Treasury Analyst Opportunity:
- Company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting and finance groups alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of Treasury Analyst role?
- Visible role & daily interaction with CFO
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
- Leave at 3pm on Fridays. 7 to 4pm schedule available.
- Virtually NO overtime! Talk about work-life balance!!!!
- Report to a very hands OFF boss. He is open to suggestions and process improvements. He wants to make the team better!
Overview of the Treasury Analyst role:
- Monitor and analyze daily cash activity in 50+ accounts across 10+ banks.
- Confirm authenticity of Wire and ACH requests, and set up payments in the appropriate bank
- Work with Assistant Controller on monthly mortgage payments. Confirm paid either by autopayment or set up wire for manual payment.
- Pull all month end bank statements across the company and file in a central folder for the use of the accountants.
- Monitor emails daily for ACH positive pay exception notifications. Research the exception cause, and either approve or reject the payment.
- Create Bank Account opening packets for review
- Maintain a running list of all bank accounts
- Monitor bank fees monthly and note any significant differences month to month. Work with
- bank on any fees deemed erroneous and negotiate with bank on rates.
- Process stop payment requests from the AP team.
- Confirm receipt of monthly derivative payments for mortgage swaps.
- Process funding for bi-weekly payroll for entire company.
- Assist T with forecasting cash flow positions, related borrowing needs
- Assist in developing treasury reporting dashboards appropriate for various stakeholders and track KPI.
Preferred Qualifications for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate treasury or banking.
- Experience working with banks, or in a banking function
- Strong Excel skills