Why take a Staff Auditor role with this company?
- Hybrid (2/3) – Only in the office Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- 3 trips a year…that’s it and they go to COOL places!
- Exposure to multiple business units.
- Learn Internal Audit! Just need SOX experience
- Ability to advance in a growing company. Stay in audit for 18 to 24 months and then move into something new!
- 401-K with match
- Core Hours from 9 to 3.30 pm. Very flexible schedules.
- Work & Live in Southwest Houston
What the Staff Auditor will do…
- Supports internal audit operations to ensure the integrity of financial operations, protect company assets and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Coordinates with management to create or update the risk and control matrix (RCM) or flowcharts.
- Executes annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing plan, based on an assessment of Business/Financial risk.
- Performs SOX testing, operational and financial audits, and other assigned audits or projects as needed.
- Coordinates with the external financial auditor on walkthroughs and test plans for the year
- Based on audit objectives and assessed risks, develops/revise audit program to test the design and effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with applicable internal auditing standards.
- Identifies audit exceptions, internal control weaknesses, inefficient practices, and procedures, and recommends creative and effective corrective action(s).
- Holds preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with management to verify and obtain explanations and reasons for each apparent deficiency.
- Analyzes findings by applying professional accounting and auditing principles and documents/communicates those findings with comprehensive audit reports and work papers.
What you need to bring to the table….
- The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years of business experience with some internal audit or public accounting experience
- CPA or CIA preferred, or if not already certified, must be actively pursuing
- Should have a strong working knowledge of US GAAP, SOX compliance and knowledge of business processes and underlying risks and controls
- Effective communicator with all levels of employees and can work well in a team environment
- Familiar with work paper preparation and requirements, and able to deliver high-quality work and expected deliverables within established time and budget guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)